Jun 28, 2006

Excuse my Sweaty Palm - BBC & K. Kaunda

I picked this grovelling piece up from the BBC news sight....

"News has been to Zambia as part of a special series looking at how
Africa is faring one year on after the promises of increased aid made at the
G8 summit in Gleneagles.
Kenneth Kaunda, Zambia's first president, talks
to Jon Cronin about life in office, his hopes and fears for Africa, and his
one-time dancing partner Margaret Thatcher.
"Although my voice is croaky
because I'm having a slight cold, I will sing you a song."
With that Kenneth Kaunda,
Zambia's founding president and the man who played a crucial
part in southern Africa's liberation struggle, takes up his guitar and
begins to sing.
The former leader lives a quieter life now than when he
led Zambia through 27 years
of one-party rule.
These days he devotes
much of his time to the battle
against the spread of Aids, one of the
biggest threats facing the region.
"

//

No comments: